The Cancer Institute offers a variety of free community education programs that focus on the prevention and early detection of cancer. These programs are offered on site at the request of local community organizations such as senior centers, businesses, and auxiliary groups.
Currently the Cancer Institute is offering the following programs:
- Cervical Cancer: What You Need to Know
- Healthy Choices: Tips for Reducing Cancer Risk
- Sun Safety in Northeast PA
- Colon Cancer: Facts for Men & Women
- Cancer Screenings: The Four You Need to Reduce Cancer Risk
- Breast Cancer Update
- Lung Cancer Screening: What You Should Know
- Cancer Basics: For the Newly Diagnosed
- After Cancer Treatment: What to Do When Treatment is Completed
(click above words to view this PowerPoint program featured on the image below.)
- After Cancer Treatment: What You Need to Know
Health Care Professional Programs
In addition to the community education programs mentioned above, the Cancer Institute also offers education programs specifically designed for healthcare professionals. These programs are offered per request and focus on prevention, early detection, cancer genetics, and treatment of cancer.