Duryea at Dusk is going virtual for 2020.
We just couldn’t let this time of year pass us by without holding Duryea at Dusk in some fashion. Therefore, we have decided to offer our 5k run and 1 mile walk as virtual events this year. This means that everyone can safely participate, have fun, and still support this worthy cause.
Here is how our virtual events will work:
– Our registration website is live. https://runsignup.com/Race/PA/Duryea/DuryeaatDusk
– Registration will be available through June 13th (what would have been the date of our in-person event)
– The cost to register will be $10 or $20 with a Duryea at Dusk 2020 t-shirt. Any additional donations are certainly welcome as well and can be made through the website – all proceeds to go to the Northeast Regional Cancer Institute.
– Any time between 6/13 and 6/20, you would complete your 5k or 1 mile anywhere you would like: through your neighborhood, on a treadmill, on a track, etc. Get the whole family involved or go solo. Keep with the theme of our event and run/walk at dusk, or maybe morning or afternoon works better for you. All of this is totally up to you!
– We will be awarding a $50 cash prize to the top male and female finishers (13&over) and the top male and female finishers (12&under) of the 5k. More information provided upon registration.
– All runners and walkers will receive a custom Duryea at Dusk virtual bib. The bib will have either “I Run For…” or “I Walk For…” so you can opt to print out the bib, let us know who you run/walk for, and wear it while you are completing your event. This is totally optional, but if you choose to print out your bib, send us the picture so we can post it here during race week.
If you have any questions about this virtual event, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to the Duryea at Dusk committee. Please share this information so family & friends can join you. The best part is you can participate in this event from absolutely anywhere so those who normally wouldn’t be able to make the trip to Duryea can join us virtually.
Stay safe and we can’t wait to “see” you in a few weeks.